03-10-2023 the Executive Director of CARAM gets an award from the collector of Nabrangpur area in Odisha. CARAM is proud to receive the accolade.
M.S. Swaminathan was the key architect of India’s ‘Green Revolution’.
Mankombu Sambasivan Swaminathan, popularly known as M.S. Swaminathan, the legendary agricultural scientist and a key architect of the country’s ‘Green Revolution,’ passed away at his residence in Chennai on September 28, 2023 at 11.20 am, following age-related issues. He was 98.
News courtesy: TH (The Hindu), Photo Credit: Nagara Gopal
The State level NGO Convention on Society Registration Amendment Act 2021 with rules 2023 was held on 28-09-2023 at Gita Govinda Bhawan, Bhubaneswar.
Our ED Mr. Jiban Kumar Dikshit along with Bhakta Pratap Swain, Reena Mani Swain and Sarmistha Jagdev attended the convention.
India has made its mark at the Asian Games 2023, excelling in specific sports that brought a total of 30 medals for the country. Five gold medals have come from shooting and one each from cricket and equestrian till morning on Friday.
8 Gold, 11 Silver and 11 Bronze.
India bagged their second gold medal of the day with rifle shooter Sift Kaur Samra bagging the top spot in the 50m rifle 3P individual event at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on Wednesday. Sift smashed the world record with an overall score of 469.6 and a last shot of 10.2 on Day 4 of the Asian Games.
The previous mark was 467 by Seonaid McIntosh of Great Britain set in Baku in May this year. India’s Ashi Chouksey finished in third place and had to be satisfied with the bronze medal.
Earlier, Sift Kaur Samra, Ashi Chouksey and Manini Kaushik winning the silver medal in the women’s 50m 3 Positions team event with a total score of 1,764.
On 23rd September 2023, the Executive Director, Dr. Jiban Kumar Dikshit, Caram attended the seminar in Holiday Resort, Puri.
Neeraj Chopra, in a historic moment for Indian athletics, clinched the gold medal in the men’s javelin throw event at the World Athletics Championships held in Budapest, Hungary. The ‘golden boy of Indian athletics’ etched his name in history by becoming the first-ever Indian athlete to secure a gold medal at this prestigious championship.
Neeraj’s remarkable achievement unfolded in the early hours of August 28 as he went head-to-head with competitors from around the world. Displaying exceptional prowess, he recorded a stellar throw of 88.17 meters during his second attempt, solidifying his dominance throughout the event.
This outstanding performance not only secured the gold medal for Neeraj but also established him as a trailblazer for Indian sports on the global stage.
News courtesy: mint
India’s Chandrayaan-3 mission has successfully landed on the lunar surface, making it the fourth nation globally to make a soft landing on the moon and the first country to land on the lunar south pole. The spacecraft was launched on July 14, 2023, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre on South India’s Sriharikota island. The mission aims to demonstrate safe landing and roving on the moon’s surface and conduct on-site scientific experiments. The spacecraft comprises a propulsion module, lander, and a rover that collectively carry seven scientific instruments. The lander will conduct experiments on seismic vibrations, near-surface plasma, lunar temperature, thermal conductivity, elemental composition, and spectral signatures of Earth. The rover is identical to that of the Chandrayaan-2 mission.
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama has congratulated India on Chandrayaan-3’s successful landing on the moon. Excited and anxious people across India crowded around televisions in offices, shops, restaurants, and homes as ISRO began live streaming the final hour of the mission. Visuals shared by the space organization also showed Prime Minister Narendra Modi keenly tracking the rover’s descent from South Africa.
Lord Jagannath Temple, Puri, Odisha, India
Jagannath Temple is a significant Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Jagannath, a form of Lord Vishnu, located in Puri, Odisha, India.
Here are some interesting facts about the temple:
- The temple was built by King Anantavarman Chodaganga Deva in the 12th century CE.
- The temple is one of the Char Dham pilgrimage sites in India.
- The temple is built in Kalinga architecture style, which is a blend of Kalinga and Dravidian styles.
- The main temple tower stands tall at about 65 meters high and is called ‘Deula’.
- The temple complex comprises an area of approximately 10.7 acres and is enclosed by two rectangular walls.
- The temple has four structures called (a) the Vimana or Bada Deula sanctum sanctorum) (b) the Jagamohan or Mukhasala (the porch), (c) the Natamandir (the audience hall) and (d) the Bhogamandap (the hall for residuary offerings) built in a row in an axial alignment in east-west direction.
- The temple faces east and consists of four-fold vertical divisions, i.e., the Pitha (pedestal), the Bada (wall), the Gandi (trunk), and the Mastaka (the head).
- The icon of Jagannath is made of wood and ceremoniously replaced every twelve or nineteen years by a replica, in contrast to the stone and metal symbols found in most Hindu temples.
- The temple is famous for its annual Ratha Yatra, or chariot festival, where three principal deities are pulled on huge and elaborately decorated temple cars.
- The temple has many enigmatic activities without any scientific explanations that have caught travelers’ eyes worldwide, such as:
- The flag mounted on top of the Jagannath Temple flows in the opposite direction to the wind’s course without any scientific background to back it up.
- Every day, a priest scrambles the walls of the temple with a height equivalent to that of a 45-story building to change the flag atop the temple dome. This ritual dates far back to the day the temple was built.
- The temple is reported to have no shadow at all at any time of day from any directions possible.
- I hope you find these facts interesting!
CARAM Executive Director, Dr. Jiban Kumar Dikshit, does the flag hoisting to commemorate the 77th Independence Day at the CARAM office at Dumuduma.
Staff members, Sarmishta Jagdev & Padmanava Pradhan and Sanjay Kumar Sahoo (Guest) were also present during the ceremony.